Friday, December 4, 2015

Week 17

Quick update:

After a washed out and tired Thanksgiving, recovery from chemo round number six has been pretty low-key. There's been some weariness, probably from low red cells, but not totally awful. Appetite's been okay. Been laying low.

I'm set up with a consult with the radiation oncologist on the 14th. I've already been warned that starting those treatments won't start immediately - the doc will look at my films and reports, and determine a plan of action from there. Then I'll have to get "marked" with a little tattoo so they have something to aim the zapper at. And then... we begin.

Hopefully it will start before the holidays, but I'm not optimistic.

I'm feeling good, though, about feeling better. "Normal" after chemo will take a while, but I think my overall attitude is starting to help me along the way. I've been avoiding looking at my scalp for a while but have started to wear the skull cap a little less often around the house. Some strands of my hair have been growing all this time, it seems - some look to be close to an inch long. They also all seem to be gray, just my luck, LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment