Friday, February 19, 2016

28 down, 5 to go

We're in the homestretch on the radiation. Yesterday I had the last of the 28 full-breast treatments, and today I start the series of five "boost" treatments that focus specifically on the "tumor bed" where the offending mass lived before the surgeon yanked it out last July.

And this morning marked the first time this year that I could take a shower without having to take special care around the nine (count 'em NINE) little stickers placed under my left arm, my left breast and back. Since I'm no longer getting the full-breast treatment, the marks those stickers protected aren't needed anymore. Yay! This afternoon I'll be getting new ones on my breast, I guess.

In other news, the hair continues to grow and my scalp area seems to be darkening. Now it seems to be getting a little patchy. At first I thought the dark spots were bruises from scratching my head, but they're just little sprouts coming in clumps.

I'm also seeing progress in areas other than my scalp. The other day I noticed some growth in my public area all of a sudden (how did I not notice this starting? I don't know!). It's looking like the special effects in the Lon Chaney Jr. werewolf movies, which, oddly enough, is kind of a relief. I was dreading the possibility it would be really itchy, but it's really okay. (TMI?)

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment