Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Week 14

Went to the doc without the Groucho glasses, got decent news.

The Neulasta is working. Monday's blood test showed that my white blood cell count has nearly rebounded to where it was before I started chemo in August. A bunch of the other things they measure are still down, but at least my defenses against infection are back where they need to be, and that's at the point in the chemo cycle when they should be the worst.

AND, I get to eat raw fruits and veggies again! I celebrated by eating a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato, with a Caesar salad chaser. I've never been happier to see green leafies.

More good news - the doc gleefully told me that the Neulasta shot should get me through my last round of chemo, too. Hopefully that means that in three weeks, when I'm going through the second week of the cycle, I'll have some energy and will still be able to eat what I want.

But, of course, I'll still feel sucky on Thanksgiving, which is just three days after my last treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment